Thursday 19 August 2010

The Mole


On the way back home, we saw this man looking and then mommy saw a mole!

The man was looking at the mole with his dog and we turned back to look at it and some lady almost ran it over with a scooter!

We put him in a cup and put him back in the wild. Note from mom - Aidan was great! He saw a plastic cup and said we should pick him up with that. He said you should not pick them up with your hands.  They can get really sick that way. 

First I thought it was a mouse and then I thought it was a lemming because he looked round and brown and then mommy said, hey, it's a mole. He had really big claws.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, I've been missing all the interesting stuff going on in your life, Aidan, two posts this week!

    I hope it is comfortable for you to help the Canadian girl, such a great thing to share your common knowledge of English and help her feel more comfortable.

    I'm impressed with your quick thinking when encountering the mole ~ most people here would be glad to be shut of it since they cause so much garden damage but you all handled it so well. I feel rather kindly toward moles myself because I love THE WIND IN THE WILLOWS and Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. I'm long overdue for a visit to Disneyland.

    I know this is your blog but what is that little stinker, Tye, up to these days? Should he get a blog of his own?

    Thinking all sorts of wonderful thoughts of both of you,
    WagaAma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hei Aidan,
    Så flott at du skal hjelpe den canadiske jenta så hun får bra på skolen.
    Var det gøy å begynne på skolen igjen, kanskje det har kommet flere nye i klassen din ?. Ser du noe til Tye på skolen ? Godt for han å ha en stor bror der. Nå er det vel snart baseball igjen. Du kaster sikkert enda lengere nå enn før ferien. Håper forsatt vi kan se deg spille i år.
    Hils til Tye, mamma og pappa (farfar trener til Birkebeiner`n)

    ReplyDelete